Maybe it’s our remote location, or maybe it’s because I’ve always enjoyed writing and journal keeping… but creating a blog and writing about my life and interests has always just seemed natural.
I’m very glad that you are here visiting my tiny little corner of the world.
Here’s a bit about me:
- I live in northern Alberta, Canada. We have a large, mostly treed acreage on which we homestead and enjoy acreage living.
- How old am I? Well, I’m in the prime of my life, of course.
- I have two
beautifulgorgeous young daughters. They are the best of friends or worst of enemies, depending on which minute it is.
- We are raising our children in faith, and as for me and my house – We will serve the Lord.
- I have a strong belief in the skills of preparedness and self-reliance. I believe it is in our best interest to retain and sharpen the skills needed to take care of our own needs and families, should the need every arise. But I do not eschew modern life – this means that although I learn and write about things like butchering chickens and making soap from lye, doesn’t mean I won’t use store bought soap or let someone else butcher my chickens… what’s most important to me is that I have the skillset in my backpocket.
- We have two dogs, three barn cats, a flock of chickens, and a huge garden. We used to have bunnies but I won’t do THAT again. And in the near future hope to acquire horses, goats, and pigs.
Again, I am so glad you are here… please, leave me a note or comment, I would love to get to know you better, as well.